Peter Anderson, a New Zealander, has been based in Malaysia since 1984. He is a travel photojournalist and the author and photographer of the following books:
• Discover Malaysia with Mobil (1994)
• Discover Borneo Sarawak (1996)
• Sarawak Natural Heritage (1996)
• Sarawak – A Concise Guide (1996)
• Golfing Malaysia (1998) (with Joe Carlos)
• Labuan – International Offshore Financial Centre (2000) (Photographer)
• Religious Buildings of the World, (2001)
• Traditional Malay Costumes of Malacca (2003)
• Fond Memories –Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s visits to Malacca 1981 – 2003 (2004)
• The VIVA List Latin America: 333 Places & Experiences People Love (2007) (Contributing Author)
• Cons, Fools & Friends – 25 years of Travelling the World (Aug 2009) Marshall Cavendish Publishers
• Celebrating a Decade – Malacca under Datuk Seri Ali Rustam 1999 – 2009 (2010)
He has had over 125 travel articles published in magazines and newspapers in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Hong Kong, UAE, Sri Lanka, Thailand, China and New Zealand some of which have been translated into Chinese, Malay and Arabic.
He has done assignments for SriLanka Airlines, Air New Zealand, Malaysian Airlines, Cape Tourist Authority (South Africa), Celyon Tourist Board, Tourism Malaysia, Tourist Development Corporation Pakistan, Olympic Airways, Malacca State Government, Sarawak Tourist Board, New Zealand Tourist Board
He was on the Board of Advisors, a Judge and Photo Editor for the Millennium Photo Project based in Canada in 1999-2000. This project brought together 10,000 photographers from 126 countries. The book, The Dawn of the 21st Century, was published in 2000.
He has had seven photo exhibitions in Malaysia, the latest in Malaysia, Beyond Beauty – Northern Pakistan was held at the National Art Gallery Kuala Lumpur, which was officiated by Begum, wife of Pakistani Prime Minister, Shaukat Aziz. He has recently had 29 photos exhibited in Urban Stereotype, a photo exhibition showcasing 100 cities around the world. This exhibition was held in Cluj Napoca, Romania in May 2013.
He has travelled and photographed in:Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Canary Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Galápagos Islands, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, U.A.E., U.S.A., Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales and Yugoslavia
By the way Peter is the great grandson of Baroness Orczy, authoress of the Scarlet Pimpernel.